This summer I’m teaching a 3-week online workshop, Walking as Artistic Practice.
This workshop is designed as a brief survey of some of the origins, theories, processes, and manifestations of walking as art. Read, watch, and discuss perspectives on walking-based projects. Using this information as a springboard, students will complete their own walking exercises, and execute original walking-based projects. This summer we will be covering the following three topics: embodiment, memory, and place. Open to students ages 18 and above.
This remote class will be conducted via Google Meet. It will include presentations by the instructor, walking projects/exercises, class discussions, and opportunities for students to share their work.
Required hardware: A computer, tablet, or smartphone with internet access, a camera, and microphone for class meetings and to capture and upload work. Required supplies for the first class: Pen or pencil; notebook or sketchbook; digital or cell phone camera.
- Three Saturdays, 1:00-4:00 pm Central Time
- July 31 – August 14, 2021 — online meetings
- No required textbooks (I’ll distribute PDFs of readings)
- Open to students ages 18+
- Register before July 26. If the minimum enrollment is not met by that deadline, the class will be canceled. Registration will remain open after this date if the minimum has been met.
- Register on or before May 10 and save $25.
- Register for more than one class at a time and receive $25 off each additional class (same-day registrations only).
- Additional savings. Are you eligible?
Questions? Contact MCAD Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612.874.3765.