This summer I’m teaching a 3-week online workshop, Intro to Group Critique (For the Grad School Curious) designed as a brief introduction to group critique through presentations, readings, discussions, and practicing as a group.
We will introduce students to best practices for group critique, and will provide some time to practice critiquing each other’s work. All makers, media, and creative practices are welcome. We will talk about why we critique, cultivating a growth mindset, crafting a group agreement, giving and receiving feedback, and navigating sensitive conversations.
This class is aimed at people who have completed a bachelor’s degree, especially those who might be considering graduate study at some point in the future.
- Three Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30 pm Central Time
- July 26 – August 13, 2021 — online meetings
- No required textbooks (I’ll distribute PDFs of readings)
- Open to students ages 18+
- Register before July 21. If the minimum enrollment is not met by that deadline, the class will be canceled. Registration will remain open after this date if the minimum has been met.
- Register on or before May 10 and save $25.
- Register for more than one class at a time and receive $25 off each additional class (same-day registrations only).
- Additional savings. Are you eligible?
Questions? Contact MCAD Continuing Education at email@example.com or call 612.874.3765.